Sunday, January 6, 2008

Top and Worst list of 2007

I know everyone has read a million and one of the Top lists from 2007. And even the Worst list of 2007. Well read another. I won't have an exact number for my lists but thats what makes it unique. :)

Top 2007.... things.

1. Being with the love of my life. I haven't gotten to be with her as much as I would like but the time we had was great. New Years 07, a trip to Monterey, CA, I visited her in May, She was here for my b-day and Best of all 5 days at the happiest place on earth (Disneyland)

2.Ratatoullie: My official 2007 movie of the year. I know I'm a Pixar fanboy. But I don't know how anyone can see that movie and not be amazed that a story about a rat can have so much heart, and in me at least just a love for the characters. The moment that does it for me and makes me almost teary eyed, is when (possible spoiler) Ego takes his 1st bite of Ratatoullie and it flashes back to him as a young boy and the great feelings that meal gave him. I don't think any movie this year gave me such a strong feeling.

3. Podcasts. This year for me has been the year of the podcasts. The Totally Rad Show, Diggnation, 1up yours and the 1up show. Anyone who hasn't seen these needs to go immediatly and watch them. My 2 faves of the year are Totally Rad Show (TRS) and 1up yours. 1up yours was the biggest surprise to me this year. This is a show that talks about video games in a way that isn't normally done. It talks about games in a serious way, they don't talk about it like its some retarded toy that nobody cares about. They treat the topic the way it deserves, an industry that is bigger than the movie industry.

4.Bioshock: My official 2007 game of the year. Anyone who nows about video games won't be surprised about that considering every other place giving out game of the year gave it to Bioshock. I'm a gamer. and I have NEVER felt about a game the way I feel about this one. This game has a Good/Evil system and I have never played the "evil" way because of the feelings I have for the characters... I just can't bring myself to do it. I have never been in a world that is sooo interesting that I just want to stop doing the missions for a bit and wander around and look at the amazing art design.

5.My G-pa. I know everyone loves there grandpa But, I don't think I have ever met one person so willing to help his family. My G-pa does everything he can for his family. I truly believe that if it wasn't for him my family would fall apart. What we will do with out him? I am honestly scared at what will happen to us. This family leans on him so much. He complains a bit about it, but it never stops him from doing all that he can for us. As long as he is alive, he should always be on my Top lists of the year

6. Well thats all I have for now. If I think of some more I may add some later but this is all I have for now.

Worst 2007... stuff

1.Being so far away from the one I love. I've seen her a lot last year but not nearly enough. Hopefully next year on my Top 2008 it will say Being close to my love.

2.Every PC I have owned. I went through four computers in half a year. 2 of them were totally random and no fault of yours truly. One was a little ghetto but ran for a couple of years and finally crapped out on me. Then there was one that was given to me and was total crap from the beginning. So I am writing to you on a franken-puter. Put together from pieces of 3 of the computers mentioned. So 2008 will be the year of the Mac.

3. Gas Prices. enough said.

4.The whole HD-DVD Blu-Ray DVD battle. I'm a tech junkie and I want to buy one of these.... but I refuse to buy one until the battle is over. The one this making me lean towards Blu-Ray is Pixar. :)

5.Abscess. This year I was plagued with an abscess on my tonsils which in the beginning of the year almost swelled my throat completely shut. It was drained and I was told it would probably be another 5-10 years until i had the chance to get another one. 5months later, guess who got an abscess... ME! That one was cured early with antibiotics. Then they realized I had a permanent infection on my tonsils. So what did they do? Kept pumping me full of antibiotics, because the Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Dr said we can't remove your tonsils, your pallet (roof of mouth) could collapse, I have/had a cleft lip and pallet. Luckily and she should be in my top list, my General Dr. had enough common sense to realize that was wrong. So she sent me to Stanford where, long story short they took out my tonsils. :) Thank you Dr. Iwasaki.


Well, I think thats it. Like I said, if I think of more I will post them. If anyone who reads this has any questions, ask away. :)


Edit: I though of another worst.

6. Not being consistant with my blogging. I was very proud of my blog and the readers I had and I kinda let you guys down. I will try to do better this year. If you really want it let me know. Thanks.

No comments: